Solaro

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Fish animal shelters

We were talking tonight about animal shelters and how much we love dogs. It dawned on me that I've heard of animal shelters for practically every type of animal around...except fish.

So I thought to myself, "why aren't there any animal shelters for fish?"

Is there no such thing as an abused or abandoned fish? Do people just not care as much about fish as they do about dogs and cats? Or, is it just that if a fish isn't doing so well then it pretty much always dies so any fish that would actually require a shelter probably wouldn't actually make it to the shelter.

I guess that's why you never hear of anyone driving down the road and finding an abandoned fish on the side of the road with no collar on. You never hear, "I noticed the little fella lying there shivering in the cold and whimpering, so I picked him up and brought him in."

Nope, Flipper just never gets rescued the way Whiskers and Scampers do.

1 Comments:

  • I would like to start a fish shelter some day, but that will be years in the future when I have more money and time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home